Award winning, culture conscious, national non-profit looking for a Storyteller
The Location: No Preferred Location
Who we are as an organization:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015 we have achieved year over year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry and the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
Over the next 5 years, The Communications and Marketing team’s activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic goals:
- We will continue to support our employees and value their role as individual leaders within the organization.
- We will advise communities, funding partners, and ourselves on best management practices for digital and traditional media and marketing, social media, web strategy and storytelling.
- We will report quarterly on our efforts and tell our successes and lessons learned.
- We will advise TRP staff on best paths forward on messaging, public facing materials, events and strategies.
- We will have 3 to 5 major wins per year in the marketing, public relations, storytelling and digital/social spaces.
The Storyteller is a critical member of the TRP Communications & Marketing Team. The Storyteller should be a self-starter, effective listener, persuasive writer, creative, and visionary who is passionate about finding creative and innovative ways [through traditional and digital channels] to tell TRP’s story along with the story of collaborating with our partners nationwide. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
The Storyteller is responsible for assisting the Director of Communications with planning for, telling, promoting, measuring and evaluating TRP stories.
Key responsibilities for your role will include:
Storytelling (90 %)
• Creating case studies working with the Director of Communications and the Community Engagement team about our community work based on wrap reports, discussions with team members and interviewing community coordinators
• Write blog posts every week in accordance with editorial calendar under the direction of the Director of Communications
• Assist in the creation of video scripts, infographics and other visual elements that enhance the internal and external TRP culture and brand
• Review documents including reports, talking points and others for TRP team members from a copyediting perspective
Administrative (10 %)
• Attend all team meetings digitally and in-person
• Manage all expenses, business logistics for travel, and workspace
Other duties as assigned.
• Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree.
• 5 to 7 years-experience in writing, journalism, or other forms of storytelling and project management.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office